$50 away from a free t-shirt!
Cookin' with Cold Snacks | Beer Can Chicken
Another delicious Cold Snack recipe brought to you by Snack Slanger Extraordinaire, Jeff. Join us in cooking a juicy light Beer Can Chicken made with Montucky Cold Snacks!
1. 24 hours before cooking put a 4-6lb whole chicken in a container to brine overnight. Fill it with your favorite brine or use what I did:
- Salt water
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- some crushed red pepper flakes.
2. An hour before cooking take out of the brine and pat dry
3. Rub the chicken with olive oil and your favorite rub
4. Pour out and set aside half a 12oz. can of Montucky
5. Stand the chicken on the half-filled beer can
6. Set your grill to indirect cooking at 350 degrees
7. In a drip pan pour some of the remaining beer and apple cider vinegar. You can add fruits and veggies to the drip pan if you want as well. This won’t change the flavor, it just keeps everything from drying out.
8. Take the rest of your leftover beer and put it in a spray bottle with apple cider vinegar
9. Put the chicken on the grill
10. Cook at 350 until the internal temperature reaches at least 175 degrees. This will take out 75-90 minutes depending on the size of the chicken and how soon before cooking you took it out of the fridge. Putting it on the grill at room temp is ideal.
Pro tip: About every 20 minutes open the grill and spray the chicken all over with the beer/apple cider vinegar mix
11. Once at temperature, pull off, remove the can (careful the can and beer will be hot), and let rest for 10-20 minutes before carving.
12. Enjoy, y'all!